When looking for more affordable representation options, you might stumble upon or consider unbundled legal services. Unbundled representation which is also known as limited scope services or discrete task representation may help you save hundreds or thousands of dollars on legal fees. The law office of Jerry Williams, III offers unbundled legal services to clients looking for representation for a specific task. A specific task could include drafting a legal document on behalf of a client who intends on representing themselves, or representation for a specific hearing but not the entire case. In many instances, you may feel comfortable representing yourself and handling some aspects of the case on your own, and need an attorney for the more complex tasks. Hiring an unbundled attorney allows you the opportunity to represent yourself when you are comfortable and still have the assistance of counsel when necessary.
The most common form of representation is having a lawyer for full representation, or having an attorney to represent you from the beginning of the case to the end. Through the process of unbundling legal services, or providing limited scope services, our firm can represent you to complete a specific task. Unbundled representation can also be a more affordable option for representation because you can break up your case into parts that you can handle and have an attorney handle a specific task.
Some specific tasks that we handle include the following:
- Preparing legal documents on your behalf
- Arguing a motion or set of motions
- Attending a pretrial conference
- Attending a settlement conference
- Attending a court-ordered mediation or other court-ordered alternative dispute resolution proceeding
- Acting as your attorney for a protective order hearing; or show cause hearing
- Acting as your attorney for a deposition or a trial
- Providing advice on trial strategies
Schedule a consultation to inquire about the limited scope services that we provide.