Who You Are:
A bright, energetic self-motivated individual eager to be involved in the daily operations of a family law practice assisting. You would be able to support one to two lawyers and a paralegal and be a part of a team atmosphere working remotely. You embrace technology and are open to using new technology to promote better systems. You enjoy helping people to reach their goals and reach an ultimate resolution. You are super organized and able to work under a deadline.
You must be detail-oriented and able to handle workflows, but also know how to remain calm and cool under pressure.
Who We Are:
We are a growing law firm making access to legal representation available to all individuals. We do this by providing access to justice and allowing for unbundled legal representation and traditional representation models for our clients.
Our core values consist of being informative, communicative and family friendly.
Our goals are to help our clients effectively navigate through the legal system of issues including bringing families together through adoption and dissolving a family unit through divorce, separation, and supporting children between two homes.
About the Role
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office
- Answer phone calls, schedule meetings, manage calendar
- Manage inbox, Email and mail correspondence
- Process mail, categorize, and upload documents, data and information into client's electronic file
- Consistently updating case management systems
- Categorize case files, code, and store electronic files
- Organize filings, download and distribute e-filed documents, and upload documents for e-file using MDEC
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, Zoom, and mail.
- Contact and follow up with clients regarding cases
- Preparation of exhibits to be used in trial, copying, sorting, scanning
- Assist attorney when needed in office or in court
$15-$18 per hour
Core hours 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday to Friday
One to two times monthly assistance in office at Annapolis office
Occasional travel to courthouses located in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County
Education and Experience Requirements
High School diploma or Associate's Degree
1-3 years of administrative assistant experience
Experience using MDEC preferred
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Your resume should include a complete education and employment history. In your cover letter, you should describe why you would be an ideal fit for this position.
All applications will be held in confidence.
Phone calls and drop-ins will not be accepted. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We regret that we cannot respond to every candidate.